Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A New Challenge

Ok, I signed up for a studio class at County Quilter. The class is based on the weaving technique of Anna Faustino. We are supposed to come in with a sketch or drawing of a wall hanging we want to make, using Anna's technique. When I first heard of the class I had tons of ideas floating around in my head. Now I am BLOCKED!!! UGHH!!! I haven't been able to come up with a single idea. All I know is that I am leaning toward circles or angles along with some applique.

So, if anybody has ideas of where I can get some inspiration, please help. I've tried Anna's website, and while I love the clown, nothing has hit me. I am going to check out some of the art quilt sites.. maybe something will click.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

going with some of your current work what about ribbons blowing in the breeze...this incorporates some very curvy lines and can be quite angular. This gives the option of lots of color changes as well.