Tuesday, January 20, 2009

In the 5 days since my last post....

OK, I finished Strips, which I think I will name Boxy Brights... well it sounded better than it looks. :-)

So what have I been up to? Well I decided I didn't like either of the two designs I sketched for my weaving design class, so I started from scratch. I took the sketch into class Saturday afternoon (I went late as I woke up to no heat... 7 degrees outside... due to a thermostat that died, only to find that The Country Quilter didn't have heat either.) and after talking with the teacher decided my last design was a keeper. I will take a picture and post soon... the next class isn't for a month, so I have a little bit of time.

Instead I spent last night working on a new piece... something that has been floating around in my head for a couple of weeks. It is a wall hanging, black and white, with red as a zinger.

Right now the pieces are just laying there, as I am still fussing with placement. I am trying to decide if I want to add another applique shape on the bottom left hand corner, or leave it with just the three corners highlighted. To me it appears as the existing three appliques are creating a virtual triangle... well sort of.

BUT tonight it is all about the INAUGURATION!

Yes........... CHANGE HAS COME TO AMERICA TODAY !!!!!

I would say Sweet Dreams... but you don't have to dream anymore. :-)

No comments: