Wednesday, October 7, 2015

On Pointe

I must say, I could picture this piece in my eye before I ever put pencil to paper. I could see the quilting, the crystals... The whole quilt.  Then of course, I had to figure it out and execute...lol. Isn't it a pain when reality, gets in the way!

But I must say, having the vision so clear in my minds eye, make it easier to do... All except for the skirt.  I didn't know the best way to give it the 3D effect I seem to be going for I my pieces lately.  But I figure it out...  What do you think?


The piece is made from Robert Kaifman's Radiance fabric line, all except for the legs.  Radiance is a silk, cotton blend.  It is so easy to work with and such a joy to quilt, that I love working with it. Plus, how often do you get to work with washable silk?  I used Derwent Inktense pencils, to add the coloring/shading on/around the legs, as well as a bit on the floor for a shadowing effect.

Hope you like it... #radiancesilk #superiorthreads #kimonosilkbysuperior #inktense #berninausa #bernina830 

No comments: