Monday, May 20, 2013

2 Ribbons at NSQG World of Quilts 2013 !

It was a good birthday weekend.. As I walked into the show, folks kept congratulating me as Miss Ribbon Winner.  Since I have won ribbons at this show before, I smiled and said thanks and asked them not to tell me which quilt, until I saw for myself.  You see, I have been trying for a place on the wall of all Blue Ribbon 1st place winners.  I have only won Second, Third or Honorable Mentions in the past. 
 
So, you can imagine how ecstatic I was when I saw my first quilt !!! Jungle Paradise took Best Machine Applique at the Norther Star Quilt Guild, World of Quilts Show two weeks ago.  I am so so happy...  The parrot is thread painted, the leaves, tree trunk and lady bugs are appliqued down and the butterflies are attached, so that they are 3D.




Then, to make the day even better, Laundry Day received an Honorable Mention in the Landscape Category. 


WooHoo!!!

Renee

No comments: