Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sew Inspired Road trip

So, I have been running like crazy the last few months, so when the year-end madness was over and I found myself with a few days off, DH and I decided it was time to get away for a few days.  I will update you on some of my quilting over the last 2 months later, but for now I want to share with you my time today.

I have had a couple of folks tell me about Sew Inspired in Simsbury, Ct and the cute little town, so we decided to book a room for a night and take a drive. Of course, our first stop was Sew Inspired. It is situated in a small indoor mall called Fiddler's Green, so we had lunch first at Joe's Wood Oven Pizza.  It is an old building that houses a couple of restaurants and shops. The pizza was great, nice thin, crunchy crust, although none of the locals were eating pizza.  Instead they had sandwiches and huge salads.

I really like Sew Inspired. It is a large, bright shop with fabric to fit all tastes.  Lots of batiks, Kona solids, a children's fabric section, an Amy Butler section and on and on.....4,000 bolts to be exact.   They carry Quilter's Dream batting in all types, including wool, as well as Superior Sew Fine, Rainbows and Razzle Dazzle thread. They also carry some Aurifil thread in neutrals for piecing. But Mettler is their primary thread.  They carry a good selection of notions and tons of patterns for bags with some really cute coordinated fabric bag samples. They even have a clearance section with 30 and 50% off fabrics. 

Downstairs they have a studio with their long-arm business as well as a Studio version of Go! that is used when they have BoM and classes requiring tons a cutting. 

The staff is extremely pleasant. They offered help when I first arrived, but backed off and allowed me to browse until I needed assistance. Once we engaged in conversation, they were very helpful helping DH and I plan our 2 days in town. 

Yep, definitely a place I will return. In fact DH overheard them mentioning Fat Tuesday Madness, where FQ's are on sales. Buy 10, get 10 free...buy 20, get 20 free, etc...  This is an annual event in which one year a woman brought 100 FQ's, getting 100 free!  Anyway DH wants to come back then, hoping to see the area without the snow. Oh yeah, Fat Tuesday Madness is on Fat Tuesday every year...the day before Ash Wednesday. 

We'll see.....

No comments: