Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Pelham Quilters Round Robin #2

Ok... I have to admit that I am cheating here. I wasn't able to make guild meeting this week as I am away on business. But after catching up on my favorite blogs, I saw a picture of Mary Anne's progress on the Round Robin Top #2. It is a really nice applique piece that has been enhanced along the way. Mary Anne looked at it and had the same thought as mine.. wow, what to do next. So she made the only real choice... she needed to give the eye a chance to rest, so she added what I call a rather simple but fitting boarder. What do you think?
(here is where the cheating comes in ... I 'stole' this photo off of Mary Anne's blog)

But, I love how the curve piecing goes nicely with the feeling of motion in the ceter square and with the butterflies.... such a nice complement! and to bring out the yellow... it brings the quilt to life.

I must say.... great choices Mary Anne!

You can check out Mary Anne's blog to see how she ended up with this as her final decision.

Now... I wonder how the first round robin piece is coming together. The last time I saw it, it was hanging on Anne's design wall, attempting to tell Anne what it needed. I sure hope the lines of communication were flowing smoothly :-)!

3 comments:

Mary Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Anne said...

I may have cheated by sharing it on my blog before I took it to the Pelham Quilters meeting - oh well - go ahead and shot me. This project again taught me that sometimes you have to get in and get your feet wet before you actually know what you are going to do (and be willing to do some FROG stitching (rip-it, rip-it, rip-it))!

Anonymous said...

I think Anne's progress on the challenge has been thwarted by the progress on the Hoffman Challenge. Whoopsie!

Teri