Monday, November 17, 2008

First peek...

If you remember, the Pelham Quilters have started a Round Robin project. I thought I would share our progress on two centers with the first round of boarders (ok, one has the beginning of the second round, as we forgot to get a picture... sorry). But anyway, here they are.

This first one, has the center I made, which ends with the white fabric. Doris Green took the center and added everything from the tiny pink sashing, up to the orange half square triangles. What a nice zing this added to my paper pieced center. Catherine Johnston has it now and so far she has added the last black boarder.







The second center was made by Pat Julian. It is beautifully hand appliqued. Jean Moccio added the green sashing and the zigzag boarder. Notice how she pulls out the purple and yellow from Anne's flowers into her boarder. Nice job Jean! Now it is with Teri Lucas to work her magic.








I can't wait to see what they look like at our December meeting. Ladies work your magic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have some ideas floating around in that head 'o mine. Now the bar's been raised. Whew I'm glad I saw this before I started working on the border!

Teri