Thursday, December 4, 2008

Progress on Xmas present #1: Generation Patchwork..

Well in-between the holiday and the kids being home, I did get some quilting done.

I am working on a present for my SIL for Xmas at my husband's request. He saw a quilt with old photos on it at a shop in Savannah this summer and asked me to make one for his sister. Well that one had 4 pictures, but with a family his size, how do you get away with just FOUR pictures.... so I have 15 done, and 4 more to go. Unfortunately, it has been so hard getting good facial photos of everyone I want to include, those that are important to his sister. So, I am waiting for them to come in the mail... either email or snail mail. I have asked a few family members and I am praying they come in soon. Here are just 2 of the 15... my SIL as a young girl and their father....
I have framed each photo with white and black fabric. They will be sqaured up and added to a patchwork/weaved background of various greys and grey/greens. The photos will be appliqued onto the background. Well at least that is the idea as it stands now.

Hopefully the other photos get here soon, so I can get this finished... My DH says, just go with what you have, but how do you leave out her aunts on one side of the family, when you have the aunts on the other, or 1 of 5 neices/nephews. IMHO, you don't... so I will wait, and probably be sitting up at all hours of the night trying to get it finished in time.

Well, in the meantime, I will work on another present. All about that in the next post.

Hugs!

No comments: