Tuesday, August 8, 2017

I haven't been sitting idle all this time...

An older post sitting in draft...

I also made a baby quilt for my nieces third child, a baby girl...Laila Grace.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture.  

In between, I have been working on a peacock quilt, which is have to finish after I finish 2 baby quilts I am making for a cousin who delivered twins prematurely in Dec.  The shower is Feb 1st, so I have to get them finished. 


I can't believe I haven't posted since September!  I have been quite busy sewing, so it seems strange I haven't posted :-).

Here are just a few of the things I have been working on...  I quilted 2 pieces for a friend this fall. I really loved the green and white piece the whole time she was making it.  She has it already, so I can share. Not sure how we'll the quilting shows up, but she loved it.  The other one, I will show after she picks it up.  The quilt didn't really speak to me when she was making it, but as soon as she asked me to quilt it, it started talking real loud.  I had such a great time quilting it, it had such a strong identity. As you know I am not a traditional quilter, but this piece has changed that :-).  

Next I had 2 tuffets to make for my great nieces Christmas presents.  I had seen them at the Mancuso show in Manchester, Maine in August and knew exactly who I had to make it for.  The pattern is by Auntie Anne's Too, in the Wingspan Crafts booth.  I brought the forms at the show, wish I had brought the pattern, but I figures it out.  I also used my embroidery unit for the first time, adding a monogram to the back of the ribbon.




3 comments:

RAHUL CHAUHAN said...

This guide is really helpful.(s)

Unknown said...

http://www.bloggingbasics101.com/

Learn online said...

thanks for sharing this wonderful article. We are providing best roadrunner customer care support, roadrunner helpline, Contact roadrunner how to contact roadrunner Support