So my class was canceled today, as the weather forecast was for a winter storm dropping 6-8 inches. It started snowing around 11:30am and I got the call at 12:30pm that class would be held next Saturday. So with the calendar clear for the day, I decided it was a good time to play with all the strips I had been saving. Of course, my fellow bloggers gave me plenty of inspiration. Just take a look at Fibermania or Exuberant Color's blogs to see what I mean.
So here is the result of my play day.... For some reason my colors don't look as bright in the picture as they actually are, but it definitely has a lot of pizazz.
The top is complete (33" x 28") and hopefully I will be able to quilt it tomorrow. I am going to try the binding-less method or modified pillow-case method, as I definitely don't want a binding or a facing if I can help it. I read somewhere about a technique where they baste the top to the batting. Once the back is prepared, they make a slit in the top center, where the sleeve would go. They then lay the back on the top, right sides together, and stitch around all four sides. Once stitched, the quilt sandwich is turned right side out, via the slit that was cut in the backing. Next they quilt the piece, then attached the sleeve, covering the slit (I think they whip stitch the slit closed first).
I am going to give it a try. I will let you know how it works.