Monday, February 21, 2011

It's Round Robin time for Pelham Quilters

If you have been following my blog for awhile, you will know that Pelham Quilters in Pelham, NY have hosted a Round Robin for the last two years.  I started this idea, as a way to stretch members creativity and give folks an opportunity to work on pieces they didn't start, with colors and techniques they might not ordinarily work with.  I think Round Robins are a great way to begin working without a pattern or any preconceived notion of what has to happen next on a quilt top.  This year we have three tops in circulation.  I am working on the second round of one of those tops.

This is what I received just over a month ago.  It is paper pieced with some very interesting fabrics.  I love the batik in the background.  It is made up of white, chocolate brown, teal, pink and even a hint of green.  It took me almost 3 weeks to decide what I wanted to do with it.  I love working in circles, but didn't think I wanted to keep the initial shape.  Too predictable.  I love points, so I knew that I wanted to have points in my round.  I am also finding that I love having brown as a background, so I knew I was going to use the chocolate brown as a background for adding to the great colors of this piece.

Well here we are with two weeks left before I have to bring the top back to guild meeting and today I finally moved my idea from paper and strips of fabric and I am in the middle of creating. 

I am off to my studio to start putting it all together.  Check back next week to see if my ideas actually worked out. :-)

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Create!
Create!
Create!
Can hardly wait to see what comes in.

Teri