Friday, January 21, 2011

T-Ball Memories

This past fall I took a Fabric Portrait class with Bisa Butler at the Storytellers in Cloth retreat.  You can read more about the retreat here. I started this piece in class.  This was a picture of my kids when they played T-Ball, standing in front of a tree.  My son was in kindergarten at the time, my daughter was in 3rd grade.  They are now 21 and 23 respectively.  :-)


Some detail.  First Raven,


and now Robert.....



I hope you enjoyed the pictures.  It was a great class and I will definitely be making another !!!  In fact we are bringing Bisa to do a workshop for The Pelham Quilters.  So if you are near Southern Westchester County, NY and are interested in joining us, just leave me a comment or email me directly and I will share the details so you can join in on the fun!

1 comment:

Sandra Scott Textile Artist said...

What a great result!
I love the fabrics selected to show the different tones of the skin. I often find it difficult to select fabrics which work together in that way and instead I end up painting. Excellent!