Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Well, I know I have been away for awhile, but as always, life seems to get in the way. But before I go much further I just want to wish all my fellow quilting friends

Happy Mothers Day!

I do include all my friends, as in today's times mothering comes in many different forms. From mothers, grandmothers, aunts, and cousins, to single men raising children as Mr. Mom. As it has been said many times, it takes a village to raise a child.

For me, this is a wonderful time of the year. I have a daughter who graduates from LaSalle University next weekend, a son who just finished his freshman year at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) on the Deans List and I have crossed another milestone in life... another decade :-) older. This will be a wonderful month. GOD is Good!

Most people would say life can't get any better, but for me, it just seems to keep rolling. I spent the end of April, beginning of May at the Ricky Tims Super Seminar (I will post on that later in the week) and came home so inspired, that my desire for a new machine was just overwhelming. So my dear Hubby, said over and over again, Honey, you desire it... go get that Bernina you have been wanting. So yesterday, right before Mother's Day, I ordered a new Bernina 830! I don't know how I will be able to keep myself contained until it gets here, but boy or boy, I walked out of the store grinning from ear to ear (well some of the credit goes to my son, because just as I was finishing making my purchase, I received a text with his spring semester grades.... way to go Robert!).

So Life is Good, God is Great and Motherhood fits me just fine!

OK... off to Mom's where the whole clan gathers to celebrate my 82 year old mother!


P.S. I promise pictures with my next post. Including a picture of the breakfast tray, my fabulous son and husband fixed me this morning in bed. (PS... Raven is in Prague with her class, so Robert had to pick up the slack this morning with the traditional Mother's Day French Toast).

3 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Congratulation! I will have to come over and try it out when you get it. What is the expected delivery date?

Anonymous said...

Oh Reneé Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. We'll have our mini group at your place after your machine comes in! Yippee!

Teri

Renee said...

Expected date of arrival is Friday, but I will be in Philadelphia for Raven's graduation, so I will have to wait until next week... unless it arrives early!