Well... after playing around with the sky and floor with various fabrics draped around it, I decided to not make a second sky section until I had the stone wall created to frame the view. So I spent the last few nights creating my grid on Wonder-Under, transferring it to the two fabrics and weaving the two batiks to create the stone wall. I am glad I did..... take a look....
I am pretty pleased with the results, although I think I will still add some blue on the sides of the sun where it meets the floor (the horizon)... just to help delineate visually the sun from the sky. The sections are just pinned together at this point.... I am still trying to decide if the brown fabric I selected for the archway is too reddish in nature.
I also made my templates for the applique women and baskets tonight, as well as auditioned fabric for the dresses. In going through my African inspired fabric, I think I found two pieces that are pretty graphic in nature, yet on a small enough scale to work as dress fabric. They both have a deep blue as the primary color that will help tie the background together. That will be tomorrow night's project.
Looking at the piece I think I will definitely need to add some green leaves or ivy to the wall... or maybe a palm tree... hmphhh... well, I will cross that bridge when I get to it. Tonight I will enjoy the fact that I am pleased with where this piece is at the moment. Although the stone wall took FOREVER to weave........ ughh!