Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I Won a Ribbon!

Ok, I am soo excited! I got a call last night from the Village Square Quilter's, that my Dazzling Geese quilt won a ribbon @ Quilt Celebrations X! I guess you call it a Viewers Choice Award, (I don't have all the details). But folks visiting the show voted my quilt as their favorite in the Basic Quilter's Wallhanging Category. (Basic = non professional quilter :-) ).

This is my first ribbon and I owe it all to my friend Teri, who kept bugging me to enter it into the show.

If you remember, Dazzling Geese is my original design, using Paula Nadelstern's Mega Marble's fabric as the focus, and her Classic Stripe from the Opulance line for the piping and binding. I loved this fabric from the moment I saw it, and just couldn't but it in a square. As soon as I learned how to draft circular flying geese, I knew what I had to do, and so Dazzling Geese was born.

I want to thank all of you out there that voted for Dazzling Geese! It was a joy to make and has inspired me to do more original work.

Hugs,
Renee

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is so very cool! I'm so glad that you won a ribbon. That is one really beautiful quilt. I'm inspired to do something outside the box. I'm itching to get into the sewing room and create!

Teri

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I can see why you got viewer's choice on this one. It is amazing!

Nikitha said...

The cotton patch menu prices Cafe Restaurant is famous for making the chicken fried steaks, fried green tomatoes and pickles. Cotton Patch Cafe offers catering services for all the customers. So, the people who are planning for an event can order the food from this restaurant. The Prices of the Cotton Patch Menu is bit affordable when compared to other American restaurants.