Wednesday, March 23, 2011

You know when it just isn't right..

Tonight I spent 2 hours frogging.  That's right I ripped out last nights quilting and it took me a full 2 HOURS!  Ughh...

But, I am sure this won't be the last time.  Funny thing is, last night I stopped quilting a piece I had been working on for the last week.  I am quilting a Christmas quilt for a friend.  I was very pleased with the feathers I did in the bowtie blocks last week.  Monday night I finished the sashing.  So I thought I would sail right along last night and quilt the boarder.  Well I practiced two different designs, decided on one and quilted 1 1/2 sides.  Then, I lost my mojo.  I just didn't feel like quilting anymore.  So I listened to my senses and called it a night.

Tonight when I sat down at the machine, I knew immediately why I stopped last night.  The quilt pattern just wasn't right for the piece.  My husband looked at me with two heads when he saw all the ripping out I was doing.  But, I know in my heart it was the right thing.

So back to the drawing board tomorrow....  or should I say, back to the sketchpad to find the right design for this quilt.  My friend keeps my husband and son in baked goods.  So I definitely need to make sure it is just right :-).

Night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when it just isn't right, ya gotta rip it out. Will we get to see this before it goes off to its new home?

Teri

Unknown said...

Oh Renee I feel your pain.....but you are right~it has to come out! I really relate to having or losing your MoJo when working on quilts~ btw I will be at MQX East~I have to check my classes again so we can see if we will run into one another...they need to have a booth for bloggers!!!
♥ Eileen